USE OF SERVICES
- Clip News services only and exclusively concern the research of information for the sake of our clients. Our services are provided upon the demand of our clients and are to be used for their personal or corporate information, following a license by OSDEL in the case of print media monitoring services.
- The cost of monitoring services does not include any additional costs that will derive from OSDEL, relating to copyrights of print media or any other future copyright charge or other charges by a competent authority.
- Clip News is licensed for the digitization and processing of print media represented by OSDEL, but does not hold the copyright of the information (clippings). As a result, it does not provide information for public use and purposes. The competent authority for such use is the publisher of the information or the respective authority that handles intellectual property rights.
- The receiver of the services provided by Clip News is to use our services in compliance with the law, the principles of morality and under the conditions mentioned in the current document. The receiver of the services is also obliged not to proceed to actions and failures that could hurt the copyright of third parts.
- lip News has no responsibility in cases of non-compliance or failure to comply with the conditions of the current contract to any extend that either party is prevented or delayed from performing any of its obligations under this contract by “force majeure”. The term “force majeure” means any circumstances not foreseeable at the date of this contract and not within the reasonable control of the party in question including, without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, strikes, lockouts, shortages of labour or raw materials, civil commotion, riot, invasion, war, threat of or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural physical disaster. Clip News has no responsibility either for any kind of governmental prohibition, acts of Greek, Community or other Authorities, judgments, District Attorney Orders, as long as they are beyond the control of the Company and are not related with the culpability of the Company or the culpability of third parts towards the Company, for instance the culpability of internet providers.
- The company cannot guarantee the infallible provision of its services. As a result, the company has no responsibility in case of incidental and consequential damage or loss of profits, direct or indirect loss, decision making, as well as the execution or not of a stock exchange transaction or any other investment transaction related or stemming from the wrong or insufficient information of the client.
- If the company is not informed in writing by the client about a defective supply of services within five (5) days from the day the services was problematic, then it is considered that the company’s services up to that point have been executed properly.
- In no event, the services provided to users / visitors through our site or our services, either directly or indirectly, is considered as incitement or advice to perform any investment or other financial translation, but it is at the discretion of the users / visitors to evaluate what is provided to them and to act based on their own will, excluding our own responsibility.
- It is explicitly agreed with the use of our services that if any lawsuit, claim, administrative or judicial action is brought against our Site or our company resulting from any kind of your own breach, you undertake the obligation to intervene in the relevant court proceedings and to indemnify our company or our site if it is required to pay compensation or other expense.
USE OF PRESS CLIPPINGS
- Based on the law 2121/90 on Intellectual Property and its statute, OSDEL has among others the authority to collectively manage and license on behalf of the entitled journalists, publishers etc that it represents , actions for which a copyright license is needed. Every user of the print monitoring services offered by Clip News needs to receive a license directly from OSDEL, in order to be able to receive the content of the print monitoring service (clippings) as well as the ability to internally distribute them within his company. The cost of the license is paid directly to OSDEL and has nothing to do with Clip News’ cost.
- The print clippings that are sent by Clip News to its subscribers / clients are meant strictly for personal use and / or corporate use, following a license by the competent authority. It is forbidden to use them in any other way via electronic, mechanical, photocopy, recording or other means, as well as to use them for trade purposes, without the written approval of the owner and copyright holder or the competent authority. Every information distributed by our company bears a source notification and states the owner of the intellectual property right.
- The copyright of the clippings and the photos or graphs that may be included in the clip belong to the publications, in which the information was issued. The services and charges of Clip News only refer to the research of the information upon the demand of our clients and subscribers.
- The clipping should always include the source and the writer (as long as his name is mentioned in the original clipping), in case that an extract of the clipping is reproduced or in case that part of the information included in the clip is reproduced.
USE OF INTERNET CLIPPINGS
- Clip News offers extracts issued in websites, while providing you with the link, where the extract comes from. Our company has no responsibility about the content and services provided by the websites, where links, hyperlinks or banners come from. Clip News cannot either guarantee their availability. Any problems that might occur during the visit or use of these websites are not related with Clip News. For any such problems, please consult these websites. The reference to other websites is only made for the facilitation of our clients and generates absolutely no kind of commitment.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- The client agrees that the content of the provided services, including pictures, videos, graphs, photographs, designs and texts are the intellectual property or the industrial property of third parts and are, thus, protected by the regulations of the Greek law, the European law and international contracts. Therefore, the clippings and their content are not to be sold, copied, modified, reproduced, re- published or downloaded, be transferred or distributed in any way. The client is obliged to commit himself that he will not proceed to any such action. In case that the Client proceeds to any illegal or unfair use of the content of the provided services, and in case that any third part puts the blame on the company, the Client will have to compensate for any damage or loss.
- We use the personal data collected only for the purpose they have been received for. Clip News is compatible with the GDPR regulation and the information in our CRM Data Base is encrypted.
- During the execution of the Contract and for its purposes, the Client is considered Controller and Clip News is considered Processor of the personal data supplied within the context of this Contract.
- The personal data are supplied to Clip News for the execution of this Contract. Within this context, Clip News commits to proceeding, within the context of this Contract, exclusively to the processing of the Personal Data for the clipping of press and online articles related to the operations of the Client.
- The client is the only one holding responsibility for his internet connection.
- The services will start upon your written request and after written acceptance of the terms of the provision of services. Clip News will start providing monitoring services the day after the order is confirmed in writing. In case of print media monitoring the client is required to present the license by OSDEL within 30 days from the contract.
- Clip News is only responsible for the clippings until they are sent to the client and confirmed to have been received or sent back by him.
- Clip News has no liability in case of unforeseen events in the execution of its services (strikes etc)
- Our company does anything within its power and carries out constant checks and updates of the anti-virus programs. In no case, though, can the company guarantee that there will be no viruses or other malicious programs like worms and Trojan horses in the information it delivers. The receiver is obliged to check and control the content of the files sent or the use of our website. Therefore the company shares no responsibility in cases of incidental and consequential damage, direct or indirect loss stemming from the use of the files or the use of the website.
- The copyrights of the Content (e.g., information, data) and the Services of the website www.clipnews.gr that have been or will be introduced to the Network by Clip News are protected by Greek, Community and international copyright laws and belong exclusively to Clip News or their respective recipients. Clip News makes every effort to ensure that the Content and information that is displayed on the website is as accurate and true as possible, but it does not bear any responsibility for its reliability, completeness or timeliness.
- Clip News provides the Content (for example, information, names, photographs, illustrations) the products and services available through its website “AS IS EXACTLY” and without any representation, approval or written guarantee, expressed or supposed , implying the guarantees of satisfactory quality, safety and precision. In no event shall Clip News be liable for any claims of a legal or civil and / or criminal nature, nor for any damages (positive, special or incidental, which are indicative, but not limited, alternatives and / or cumulative loss of profits, loss of earnings, financial satisfaction, etc.) by visitors of the website or third parties due to a reason connected with the operation or not and / or the use of the website and / or inability to provide services and / or information made available by him and / or from any unauthorized use omenes third party interventions to products and / or services and / or information available through the website.
- The use of this website must be done solely for lawful purposes and in a manner that does not restrict or impede its use by third parties. The visitor is obliged to use the site in accordance with the law, good morals and present terms and not to commit acts or omissions that may cause damage or malfunction to him or her, affect or endanger the provision of services of Clip News.
- This site contains references to third party sites. Clip News is not responsible for the content of these pages as well as for any damage resulting from their use as the visitor has access to them on their own responsibility.
- Clip News does not guarantee that the functions of the site or servers will be uninterrupted or uninformed, free of viruses or other similar elements (such as, for example, worms, trojan horses).
- Names, images, logos, and distinctive features representing Clip News or third parties and their products or services are trademarks of Clip News or third parties, protected by applicable trademark laws. Their appearance on the website should in no way be construed as a transfer or assignment of a license or right to use them.
- Vising this website means an unconditional acceptance of the above mentioned terms.